"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, behold the new has come."
-2 Corinthians 5:7
"And this is what you once were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Spirit of our God."
-1 Corinthians 6:11
-2 Corinthians 5:7
From alone to "never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."
[Deuteronomy 31:6; Joshua 1:5; Psalm 94:14; Hebrews 13:5]
From separated to reconciled through Jesus Christ.
[Romans 5:10; 2 Corinthians 5:18; Ephesians 2:13-16; Colossians 1:19-22]
From unknown to known intimately and loved by the King of Kings.
[John 10:27-28; John 17:3; 1 Corinthians 8:3; Psalm 44:21b]
From unsatisfied to content in all circumstances.
[Philippians 4:11; 1 Timothy 6:7-8]
From insecure to sealed with the Holy Spirit.
[2 Corinthians 1:21-22; Ephesians 1:13-14]
From control freak to trusting in His goodness.
[Proverbs 3:5-6; Jeremiah 17:7-8]
From approval addict to declared righteous in Christ.
[2 Corinthians 5:21]
From trapped in sin to forgiveness and freedom in Christ.
[Jeremiah 31:34; Acts 10:43; Romans 8:2; Galatians 5:13; Ephesians 1:7]
From ashes to beauty.
[Isaiah 61:3]
-1 Corinthians 6:11
I am thankful for the ways Christ continues to change me, mold me, and make me more like Himself. He extends His grace daily. That's amazing. After looking at the above truths and thinking about the ways I've changed since choosing to follow Jesus, my heart was filled with thankfulness. Every day I feel He reveals more to me about the depth of His love. He loves me too much for me to stay stagnant, and I am praising Him for that!
Beautifully said, Abby! You have a talent for expressing the core truth of Jesus!
ReplyDeleteDarvis